Obstetrics and Gynecology Department of Van Hanh General Hospital is one of 4 clinical departments of the hospital. The Department started operations in July 2000 for the purpose of examination and treatment of obstetric diseases, pregnancy and family planning.
Female customers who go for a medical examination at O&G Department of Van Hanh General Hospital will be provided with all medical services of reproductive healthcare.
1. Antenatal examination: pregnant women are examined periodically during pregnancy to early detect abnormalities of mother and fetus to treat and ensure the normal growth of the mother and fetus.
2. Normal and difficult child birth assistance
3. Cesarean section.
Obstetrics and Gynecology Department of Van Hanh Hospital receives patients to examine and treat diseases as follows:
1.Vulva, vaginal and peritoneal disorders
-Inflammations of vagina and vulva due to candida, trichomonads or bacteria.
- Genital herpesviral infection [herpes simplex], condyloma
-Benign tumours of vagina and vulva: cyst of Bartholin’s gland, vaginal cysts.
- Peritoneal reconstruction. Peritoneal cosmetic suturing.
2. Disorders of cervical uterus
- Erosion and inflammation of cervical uterus, polyp of cervix uteri, dysplasia of cervical uterus and cervical cancer. All patients going for a gynecological examination are done with cervical cell sampling (Pap’s smear) for screening cervical cancer.
-Procedures and surgery to treat the cervical disorders : cryosurgery, laser ablation, loop excision, cone excision, hysterectomy and Wertheim Meigs’ surgery
3.Diseases of uterus
- Infections of uterus.
- Leiomyoma of uterus, adenomyosis
- Endometrial carcinoma, uterine sarcoma
- Malpositions of uterus, uterovaginal prolapse.
- Therapeutic surgery for leiomyoma of uterus could be myomectomy, vaginal or abdominal hysterectomy according to each case.
4. Diseases of ovary and fallopian tube
- Inflammatory or abscess of uterine adnexa
- [Benign and malignant] ovarian tumours
- Fallopian tube disorders: inflammatory, adhesions and obstruction of fallopian tube ectopic pregnancy at fallopian tube…
*Endoscopic surgery is carried out in the case of benign ovarian tumour with small size, unruptured ectopic pregnancy, endoscopy for infertility, sterilization, tuboplasty after previous sterilization ….
In cases of malignancy suspections, tumours with big size shall be open operated.
5. Dysfunctional uterine bleeding
- Pubertal, reproductive age, premenopausal and menopausal dysfunctional uterine bleeding such as dysmenorrhea, hypermenorrhea, menorrhagia, metrorrhagia, polymenorrhea, oligomenorrhea, amenorrhea and postmenopausal bleeding could be symptoms of a certain disease such as: ovarian cystic, uterine leiomyoma, uterine carcinoma…
- Depending on each case, patients will be treated with medications or operation.
6. Premenopausal and menopausal dysfunctions
- The dysfunctions such as hot flushing decreased or loss libido, dyspareunia, anxiety, depressed, osteoporosis, incontinence…
- If not contraindicated, patients will be treated with hormone replacement therapy.
- To consult about reproductive health, contraception and safe contraceptive methods.
- To implement Family Planning measures:
+ Implanting intrauterine contraceptive devices.
+ Oral contraceptive.
+ Medical abortion
+ Dilatation and curettage.
+ [Endoscopic surgery or open surgery] sterilization