I. Introduction of Department of Operation and Resuscitation
The hospital’s Department of Operation and Resuscitation consists of a complex of 10 operating rooms in 24/24 service for all operations of General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Urology, Thoracic – Vascular Surgery, Neurology, Cosmetics, Otorhinolaryngology, Opthalmology, Odonto-Maxillo Facial Surgery and Orthopedics. All the operating rooms are equipped with the state-of-the-art technical means to optimize effects of surgical therapy.
The Department has a team of regularly trained anesthetists. Some of them are further trained in France and together with experienced operating room staffs from big hospitals to contribute an important role of operation success. In the past 8 years since the foundation, no anesthetic incident has been found in the Department. It’s a proof of our effectiveness in treatment.
We also often study physiologic and pharmacologic mechanisms of pain and update new medicines and techniques in treatment to apply to palliate patients’ pain.
Beside that, due to the overcrowded number of surgical patients, we have a strict supervision process to avoid any mistake of patient’s details and therefore, safety of patient is ensured.
In addition, the postoperative ward is designed to be adjoining to operating rooms, and postoperative patients are monitored directly by our doctors who specialize in postoperative cares until their conditions are stable for another ward transfer.
Safety and palliative for patients during the course of pre-operation, operation and post-operation are our targets and show our commitments in the better and better patient care.
II. Professional staff
- Dr. Nguyen Dang Tam – Head of Department of Operating and Resuscitation – Specialist level I of Anesthesia and Resuscitation.
- Dr. Nguyen Thi Thuy Mai – Specialist level I of Anesthesia and Resuscitation.
- Dr. Le Ngoc Khoa – Specialist level II of Anesthesia and Resuscitation.
- Dr. Vu Quyet Manh – Head of Division of Sterilized Supply – Specializing in Anesthesia and Resuscitation.
- Dr.Pham Hong Thai – Specializing in Anesthesia and Resuscitation.
In addition, there are 2 Bachelors in Anesthesia and Resuscitation, 10 anesthetic technicians together with 14 Bachelors in Nursing and nurses in charge of operating service.
III. System of operating rooms and equipment.
- System of operating rooms on the 1st floor: there are 5 rooms of major operation and 13 postoperative beds of General Surgery, Gastroenterology, Urology, Otorhinolaryngology, Trama and Orthopedics, Obstetrics and Gynecology…
- Eye’s Operating room on the 3rd floor: for eye’s operation and cryophaco …
- System of operating rooms on the 5th floor: there are 4 rooms of major operation and 8 postoperative beds of Plastic and Cosmetic Comprehensive Operations, Orthopedics- internal fixation operations, Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatography for biliary stones, interverterbral disc displacement…
- The operating rooms are quipped with a fully automatic ventilated anesthetic system with multi-parameter monitors used during anaesthetization. In addition, there are 5 endoscopic operating systems for: Gastroenterology, Gynecology, Urology, Arthrology, Otorhinolaryngology… Especially, Digital Subtraction Angiography is used specially for endoscopic surgery, Traumatic and Orthopedics, Neurology, Vascular surgery…
- General Endotracheal anesthesia: for major operations of Gastroenterology, Thoracology, Otorhinolaryngology, Endoscopic surgery…
- Local anesthesia: spinal anesthesia, extradural anesthesia, nerve plexus anesthesia for the operations of Orthopedics, Anus, Urology, cesarean section,
- Postoperative palliative: techniques of extradural anesthesia are applied for the operating techniques of abdominal cavity…
- Anesthetic techniques for endoscopic diagnosis and treatment procedures for disorders of Gastroenterology such as colonoscopy, ERCP…