I. Medical staff
1. Dr. HO QUANG MINH DAO
- Graduated from Ho Chi Minh city University of Medicine in the course of 1991 - 1997
- Graduated from Master’s degree in Ophthalmology in the course of 2000 - 2002, at Ho Chi Minh city University of Medicine and Pharmacy
- Having been working as Ophthalmologist from 1998 up to present
- Being trained with Phaco surgery in Singapore
2. Dr. PHAM LE TAM
- Graduated from Hue city University of Medicine in the course of 1986 - 1992
- Graduated as Specialist level I in Ophthalmology in the course of 2000 - 2002 at Ho Chi Minh city University of Medicine and Pharmacy
- Having been working as Ophthalmologist from 1997 up to present
II. Scope of medical practices _ Equipment
Department of Ophthalmology, founded at the same time with Van Hanh Hospital establishment, is fully equipped with rooms for ophthalmologic examination such as: TOPCON Biomicroscope, TOPCON Automatic refractometer, Javal Keratometer of INAMI, SONOMED Ocular ultrasound. Other equipment: HEIN Fundus camera, GOLD 3-mirror Gonio Lens, VOLK retinoscopy, MSD Loose Prism Set... Operating rooms are equipped with Operation microscopes and Anesthesia machines.
Since 2004, Department of Ophthalmology has been carrying out cataract extraction surgeries by Phaco. It is also equipped with CryoPhaco of SOVEREIGN COMPACT and TAKAGI Operating microscope of microsurgery for Phaco surgeries. Since 2004 to present, we have done more than 4,000 cases of cataract extractions by Phaco surgery.
Department of Ophthalmology has also carried out surgeries for more than 2000 cases to treat other disorders as follows:
- Glaucoma filtration surgeries
- Pterygium excision surgeries.
- Corneal transplantation surgeries
- Ophthalmic plastic (Eyelid) surgeries for congenital or acquired disorders
- Orbital reconstruction.
- Eyelid cosmetic surgeries : doubled-eyelid, bag skin removal of eyelid, eye-brow lifting
- Plastic surgeries of eyelids after injuries
- Squint surgeries (Eye misalignment correction)
- Lacrimal obstruction surgeries
- CO2 laser surgery to remove mole, freckle, skin pigmented, and papilloma. It’s fast and gives good aesthetics results.