Index (Hot click)
I. INTRODUCTION OF SURGERY DEPARTMENT – VAN HANH HOSPITAL
“DEPARTMENT OF SURGERY – VAN HANH HOSPITAL – where you need a comprehensive care”
Department of Surgery - Van Hanh Hospital, under the professional direction of Honored Physician – Specialist level II, Dr. Nguyen Van Luan and other experienced and enthusiastic surgeons who are accredited post graduated continuous medical education domestically and internationally – will bring you comprehensive care in therapeutic operations at Van Hanh Hospital.
We carry out most of operations from general to special surgery such as operations of gastrointestinal tract, colon, rectum, anus, liver and biliary tract, pancreas, head – face - neck, urinary tract , trauma and orthopedics.
More than 85% of the operations at Department of Surgery - Van Hanh Hospital are carried out by the high-tech and mini invasive procedures such as endoscopic surgery and therapeutic endoscopy. These methods help to reduce patients’ pain, promote their recovery, leave small and good-looking scars and shorten patients’ hospitalization period. In addition, orthopedic operation for diseases of bone, joint and muscle is carried out under the support of Digital Subtraction Angiography system which helps the operation techniques to be implemented fast and accurately..
“EFFICIENCY - SAFETY – MINI INVASION AND COST-EFFECTIVENESS” is the motto of the Department of Surgery at Van Hanh Hospital
• Intern professionals:
1. Dr. NGUYEN VAN LUAN
Director of Van Hanh General Hospital
Specialist level II in General Surgery
Specializing in surgery of stomach, liver and biliary tract, pancreas, colon – anus, goiter and hernias
2. Dr. BUI XUAN CUONG
Head of Surgery Department at Van Hanh General Hospital
Specialist level I in General Surgery
Specializing in surgery of stomach, liver and biliary tract, pancreas, colon – anus, goiter, hernias and gastrointestinal endoscopic surgery.
3. Dr. NGUYEN AN
Specialist level I in General Surgery
Specializing in surgery of gastrointestinal tract, head, face, neck and endoscopic surgery
4. Dr. DO TRI NHAN
Specialist level I in Urology
Specializing in surgery of upper and lower urinary tract. Urodynamics. Endoscopic surgery
5. Dr. DO MINH DAI
Master in Surgery
Specializing in surgery of gastrointestinal tract, colon, rectum and anus. Endoscopic surgery.
6. Dr. HO THI DELIN
Specialist level I General Surgery
Specializing in Emergency and Resuscitation.
• In addition, we are in medical co-operation surgery with many specialists of other hospitals such as Cho ray Hospital, Binh Dan Hospital, Oncology Hospital, Traumatic and Orthopedic Hospital, Hospital of University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Trung Vuong Hospital…
1. General Surgery:
a. Surgery for inguinal hernia, femoral hernia, and post-operative abdominal hernia
b. Operative biopsy for removal the soft tissue, cutaneous and subcutaneous tumours
c. Surgery for anorectal problems: hemorrhoids, anal fissures and perirectal abscess
2. Gastrointestinal diseases:
a. Screening in early detection of gastrointestinal tract cancers: cancers of stomach, colon and rectum.
b. Management and follow-up of colorectal polyps and cancers
c. Consultation, assessment and treatment for indigestion and care artificial anus
d. Surgery for gastrointestinal tract cancers: cancers of stomach, colon and rectum.
e. Surgery for biliary stones: biliary stones – cholelithiasis
3. Diseases of head, face, neck and breasts:
a. Assessment and treatment for thyroid disorders: include neoplasm of thyroid gland
b. Surgery disorders of salivary glands – parathyroid glands
c. Screening, evaluation and mastectomy
d. Operative biopsy for removal breast tumour
e. Consultation, supportive chemotherapy and radiotherapy and follow-up after cancer treatment.
4. Surgery of Urology:
a. Open surgery to treat complex urinary stones
b. Endoscopic surgery for lithotrity of ureteral stones and bladder stones
c. Endoscopic surgery for thermotherapy ablation of prostatic hypertrophy
d. Disorders of urinary abnormalities and dysuria…
e. Phimosis, varicose veins of spermatic cord, assessment of male infertility, testis.
5. Traumatic and orthopedic surgery:
a. Lumbar interverterbral disc displacement
b. Surgery for internal fixation from fractures
c. Total hip arthroplasty and total knee arthroplasty
d. Knee endoscopy: reconstruction of cruciate ligament of knee.
e. Surgery for removal plates – screws after internal fixation.
6. Endoscopic surgery:
a. Diagnostic endoscopic surgery: chronic abdominal pain, cancer staging, diagnosis of tumour in abdominal cavity and tuberculosis of peritoneum
b. Endoscopic surgery for acute abdominal pain: appendicitis, cholelithiasis, and internal bleeding.
c. Endoscopic surgery treatment biliary stones, operative cholangiography – choledochotomy to remove choledocholithiasis.
d. Endoscopic surgery for peritonitis from such causes as: gastroduodenal perforation, perforation of intestine or complications of rupture - necrosis of appendix or gallblader .
e. Endoscopic surgery for colorectal cancers.
f. Endoscopic surgery treatment for localized hyperhidrosis in hands and armpits.
g. Endoscopic surgery of knee: treatment joint degeneration or ligament reconstruction
There are 5 rooms of medical examination - consultation in Surgery: 3 rooms of General and Gastrointestinal Surgery, 1 room of Urology and 1 room of Oncology.
Working hours for:
• Special medical examination room of General and Gastrointestinal Surgery: Mon–Sat: 7:00 – 19:00, Sun: 7:00 – 11:00
• Examination room of Urology: Mon–Sat: 7:00 – 17:00
• Special medical examination room of Oncology: Mon–Sat: 13:30 – 17:00
Scope of activities:
Medical examination room of General and Gastrointestinal Surgery:
• Treatment for acute abdominal pain: appendicitis, cholecystitis…
• Screening the causes of melena, blood defecation or hematemesis.
• Consultation and treatment for cholelithiasis and choledocholithiasis by mini invasive endoscopic interventions
• Examination and consultation for tumours of head, face and neck: thyroid glands, parotid glands, dermatoma , breast tumour
• Screening program in early detection of cancers such as: cancer of stomach, colorectal cancers, breast cancer, prostate cancer…
• Periodic follow-up after treatment of cancer
• Consultation, examination and treatment for anorectal problems: internal - external hemorrhoids, anal fissures, perirectal abscess.
• Examination for inguinal hernia – hernia of abdominal wall, tumours of skin and soft tissue.
Examination room of Urology:
• Urinary disturbances: incontinence, dysuria
• Urinary stones: bladder stones, ureteral stones, nephrolithiasis
• Nephroglomerulopathy: cystic diseases of the kidney , ureteropelvic junction obstruction
• Urinary tumours: tumours of prostate, renal tumours
• Disorders of urodynamics: erectile dysfunction, screening the causes of male infertility.
• Abnormalities of urinary tract: undescended testis, phimosis…
• Screening cancer prostate – treatment and follow-up after treatment
Examination room of Oncology (in head, face and neck - breasts):
• Screening breast cancer, treatment plan
• Goiter: hyperthyroidism, Grave’s disease, goiter.
• Tumours of parotid glands
• Dermatoma, lymph nodes,…
Minor operation room:
There are 2 minor operation rooms at the hospital and department of examination for minor operations with local anesthetic such as wound suturing, biopsy removal the skin papilloma, lymph nodes... wound care and dressing change the wounds …
a. Equipped with CO2 laser machines to carry out minor and less pain cosmetic operations
b. Minor procedures are carried out under local anesthetics
• Full biopsy of lesions of skin and subcutaneous tissue, sebaceous cyst, lipoma and corns of sole of foot
• Biopsy of lymph nodes of neck and small benign fibroma of breast
• Incision and drainage the small abscesses of skin and soft tissue.
• Suturing simple wounds of soft tissue, clean and care the wounds.
Anorectal endoscopy room:
a. Direct endoscopic examination of anus and rectum by Anuscope to detect accurately lesions of anal fissure, internal hemorrhoids and anal polyps
c. Screening causes of bright red blood defecation or pain in defecation
d. The video system takes pictures of lesions to help treatment and follow-up later
e. Implementation of some treatment procedures such as rubber band ligation for stage I-II hemorrhoids and stoppage of bleeding in hemorrhagic hemorrhoids ….,
Ward of Surgery on the 3rd floor of Van Hanh Hospital is for care of the postoperative patients or in-patients. There are 15 private and airy rooms with 31 beds. Every room is equipped with air-conditioners, fridges and cable televisions. The in-built WC of each room is installed with water heaters. In addition, there‘s also a 12-bed room for in-day patients.
There are 4 intern doctors and 9 nurses working in the ward every day.
• General Surgery:
- Inguinal hernia
- Umbilical hernia – post-operative abdominal hernia
- Intestinal obstruction – Intestinal adhesion
• Surgical diseases of stomach, liver and biliary tract, and pancreas:
- Choledocholithiasis - hepatic stones
- Cancer of stomach
- Perforation of stomach
• Surgical diseases of colon, rectum and anus:
- Colorectal cancers
- Endoscopic surgery for colorectal cancers
- Prevention of colorectal cancers
- Perirectal abscess
- Perianal fistula
- Anal fissures
- Pruritus ani
• Surgical diseases of head, face, neck - breast:
- Tumour of parotid glands
- Breast tumours
• Surgical diseases of Urology:
- Ureteral stones
- Bladder stones
- Benign prostatic hypertrophy
- Cancer of urinary tract
- Surgical disorders of genitourinary tract.
• Orthopedic diseases:
- Fractures – Casting
- Surgery for internal fixation of fractures